Returning to Silent Wings - and real gliding

General discussions regarding Silent Wings, feature requests, announcements from Silent Wings staff.

Returning to Silent Wings - and real gliding

Postby g7kes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Hello All,

Finally got Silent Wings installed on my laptop (Lenovo Z50). I've decided for the moment not to try getting it running on Linux, but to go down the Dark Side and run it under Windows.

I'm getting a couple of flights in a Schwiezer SGS 2-32 during the next week, and I was hoping to be able to fly that aircraft in the simulator - managed to find the aircraft manual as a free pdf download.

The aircraft available under Silent Wings don't seem to have changed much since I last seriously used it in 2006, which is a little disappointing. I wonder if there is a place where votes can be taken for the next aircraft. Obviously the 2-32 would be the aircraft I would like most, but my full list would probably be:

Slingsby T21 Sedburgh

LET L-13 Blanik (yes, I know they're mostly grounded, but I did have a couple of flights in the one on the Isle of Wight)

Schweizer SGS 2-32

Göppingen Gö 3 Minimoa

I appreciate that developing new aircraft is a lot of work, and I personally am quite happy to pay for additional aircraft. Wonder what others think?

If there is a fairly straightforward process to creating a new aircraft model from scratch, I would be willing to get involved, and obviously I will take photos of the aircraft I fly in during the next week.

Cheers!

Paul.

P.S. Why does there need to be a separate password for the forum and the main web site?
g7kes

Re: Returning to Silent Wings - and real gliding

Postby g7kes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Okay, I have just discovered the Community web site and there is a Blanik there, so I am off to try that :-)
g7kes

Postby jcomm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Ah!

And were's that ?

Link please ?
jcomm

Postby cbrunschen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:04 pm

cbrunschen

Postby jcomm » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:44 pm